The ballots are in and the results will be announced tonight. Who are you rooting for to win an Oscar this year? When it comes to drinking games, simple is better like having a drink every time an Oscar winner is announced!
Honestly, I just saw “Gravity” yesterday and “Dallas Buyers Club” a few hours ago. And those are the only Best Picture-nominated films that I’ve seen this year. OMG! But I’ve got “Nebraska” on the ROKU ready to view (most likely tomorrow – is that too late?).
While I’m not up-to-speed on all the nominated films as I usually am, I’m ready to enjoy a great program and hopefully the speeches will be funny AND BRIEF, please!
My Oscars viewing party is going to be intimate: just me and the pugs. I’m planning on nachos for a red carpet appetizer and heating up some spaghetti bolognese for dinner. But what should I have to drink? Diet Coke is delicious, but potentially uninspiring for the occasion. Champagne would be perfect, except I’m all out. I need something new, fun and worthy of this event so I was pleased as punch to see that one of my favorite Chicago restaurants is featuring some fun, film-inspired drinks at a special Oscars Viewing Party for the charity Vital Bridges tonight:
- Gatsby’s Cucumber Punch: mango Absolut vodka, Tyku citrus, Vita Coco peach & mango coconut water, fresh cucumber juice, fresh lemon juice, and agave nectar
- Gravity Defying Pear Apple Martini: Grey Goose la poire vodka, Dioso apple tequila, fresh apple juice, St. Germaine liqueur, fresh lime juice, and agave
- HER Favorite French 56: Oxley gin, St. Germaine liqueur, fresh grapefruit juice, agave nectar, and a Chandon split
- Whiskey Wolf of Wall Street: single-barrel Evan Williams whiskey, ruby port syrup, and creole bitters
- Strawberry Hustle: Belvedere vodka, St. Germaine liqueur, muddled strawberries, agave nectar, and fresh lime juice
- Red Carpet Raspberry Mule: Effen dutch raspberry vodka, fresh lime juice, fresh lemon juice, agave nectar, and dashes of bitters
Don’t want to watch alone? Join the Vital Bridges Junior Networking Committee for their biggest event of the year – the Vital Nights 2014 Oscars party at The Underground! You can wear your red carpet best and enjoy the live broadcast with drinks, appetizers, contests, and raffles. All proceeds benefit Vital Bridges Center on Chronic Care, a program of Heartland Health Outreach.
Time: 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM on Sunday, March 2
Photos courtesy of Rockit Ranch Productions