- 16 ounces petite white corn (frozen), divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 4 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cooked crab meat, flaked
Reserve 1/4 cup corn. Bring remaining corn and buttermilk to boil in medium saucepan. Cover, then remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Puree mixture in blender. Add clam juice, 3 tablespoons green onion and 1 teaspoon ginger. Puree again until almost smooth. Return puree to saucepan and bring to simmer. Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat. Add reserved 1/4 cup corn; saute 1 minute. Add crab, 1 tablespoon green onion, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 3 teaspoons lime juice. Stir just until warm. Season with salt and pepper. Divide soup among bowls. Mound crab mixture in center.