This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
When I walked into my local Dollar General store, I was amazed at the variety of grocery items available, including milk, eggs and butter. I love to bake and every pantry staple I could think of was on the shelves. And at lower prices than most stores.
So I decided to make a variation on one of my favorite brownie recipes, inspired by the Clover ValleyTM animal crackers and mini marshmallows I found.
The animal crackers were so adorable that I couldn’t resist eating a few while preparing the brownies. Delish by themselves. But even better inside these Marshmallow Cookie Crunch Brownies!
Marshmallow Cookie Crunch Brownies
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 45 minutes
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups Clover ValleyTM granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup Clover ValleyTM all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Clover ValleyTM baking powder
- 2 cups Clover ValleyTM animal crackers cookies (or substitute your favorite sandwich cookie, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Clover ValleyTM vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- pinch of Clover ValleyTM sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Clover ValleyTM miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups Clover ValleyTM semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly grease the bottom of a 13×9-inch baking pan with butter or Clover ValleyTM non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Whisk together dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt) in a medium bowl; set aside.
In a large sauce pan, melt butter over low heat. Add granulated sugar, stirring until completely blended with butter. Stir in the flour mixture. When combined, remove from heat and set aside. The mixture will be very dry at this point.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla. Incorporate the egg mixture into the brownie batter in the sauce pan. Stir until well blended. Fold in the animal cracker cookies, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Pour into the prepared baking pan. Spread the batter evenly to promote even baking. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.
Let brownies cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 brownies.