The 2014 Chicago Auto Show is the nation’s largest and longest-running auto show. Its First Look for Charity benefit event (Friday, February 7, 2014 at McCormick Place) serves as a sneak peek to the hottest new cars, along with a generous sampling of delicious food and drink.
Since it started, First Look for Charity has raised more than $36 million for local Chicago charities and for 2014 the event is expected to raise more than $2 million. Tickets are $250 per person (black tie attire required). Special entertainment will be provided by American Idol Season 9 Winner (and Mount Prospect native) Lee DeWyze.
The theme for this year’s First Look for Charity Gala is “Winter Games.” Winter Games will celebrate a worldwide culinary collection of food and drink from Italy, Asia, Latin America, German and the United States. The “Opening Ceremonies” will include passed appetizers of chilled Asian spring rolls and potato galettes.
Representing the USA at the American Tasting Stations:
- Grilled Cheddar Sticks and Tomato Basil Soup, Artichoke Hearts Au Gratin from Catered By Design
- Pulled Pork and Coleslaw, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from Bub City
- Shrimp Ceviche from Devon Seafood
- Hash Brown Potato Muffins, Mini Brioche from Real Urban BBQ
Representing Italy at the Italian Tasting Stations:
- Waygu Beef Ravioli, Traditional Sausage and Peppers from SAVOR Chicago
Representing Germany at the German Tasting Stations:
- Individual Beet and Sauerkraut Slaw, Angus Beef from SAVOR Chicago
Representing Japan at the Japanese Tasting Stations:
- Black Rice Hokkaido Sushi Roll, Black Rice Devon Roll, Spicy Shrimp Sushi Roll from Union Sushi & BBQ
- Individual Mueller Farms Soybean Tofu Noodle Salad, 7 Spice Marinated Beef Steak from SAVOR Chicago
Representing Brazil at the Brazilian Tasting Stations:
- Flank Steak from Texas de Brazil
- Individual Roasted Yam Salad, Ancho Seared Prawns, Slow Braised Beef Steak from SAVOR Chicago
And the “Closing Ceremonies” is a global assortment of desserts, sundries, gourmet coffee and espresso drinks from 676 Restaurant & Bar, Andy’s Frozen Custard, Butter Bella Gourmet Cookies, Cappuccino Catering, Catered By Design, Chicago Butter Cookies, Garrett Popcorn Shops, Mitchell’s Ice Cream, Roy’s Restaurant, Shen Yun Chicago and ZED 451. Beverage sponsors for the evening will include Wines by Trinchero Family Estates, American Harvest Organic Vodka, Sugar Island Rum, Tres Agaves Tequila, Antique Coffee & Vending Service, and Gentleman Jack and Jack Daniels Single Barrel Whiskey.
The Public Show runs from Saturday, February 8 through Monday, February 17. Click to learn more about the Chicago Auto Show or to purchase tickets. And for a preview of the 2014 Chicago Auto Show, watch this video.